This page is a Night of the Dead Wiki Policy.
The shortcut template for this page is Pol-Ban.
Blocking is the method by which administrators may prevent users from editing the Night of the Dead wiki. Blocks are used to prevent damage or disruption to the wiki.
Users may report disruptive behaviour to wiki administrators.
When blocking is used
- making personal attacks or insults;
- making threats;
- performing actions that place users in danger;
- disclosing personal information (whether or not the information is accurate);
- creating sock puppet accounts, especially for the purposes of avoiding previous blocks;
- accounts with inappropriate usernames;
- bots operating without approval or outside their approval;
- Posting or otherwise adding pornographic, gory and other types of inappropiate pictures and videos which may disturb viewers;
- Edit warring;
Duration of blocks
The purpose of blocking is prevention, not punishment. The duration of blocks should thus be related to the likelihood of a user repeating inappropriate behavior. Longer blocks for repeated and high levels of disruption is to reduce administrative burden; it is under presumption that such users are likely to cause frequent disruption or harm in future. Administrators should consider:
- the severity of the behavior;
- whether the user has engaged in that behavior before.
Blocks can last from a very short period of time to an infinite amount of time.
Common Sense Policy
Blocking policies may be "bent" by administrators; common sense can often be better than bureaucracy. Admins should not be deterred from taking action against those clearly out to sabotage the project, even if they somehow manage to wriggle around the policies.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|