Medals in Night of the Dead are a special achievement used to earn additional stat points. Many are team oriented, and the players will win or fail as a group. Often the best way to earn a medal is to specifically set up a lobby attempting to earn a particular medal, and invite like-minded players. It is impossible to achieve max stats without also having a level 3 or higher rank in each and every medal.
- Each Medal has 10 levels.
- Points towards earning these medals are awarded upon victory.
- Dead players are awarded points for Team Medals if the team met the medal conditions.
- Leavers do not receive medal points even if the game ends in victory.
- Medal point tracking and gain are disabled if the game starts with only 1 player. The Medal of Honor and Navy Cross is an exception for this rule and requires that the game 'start' with at least 3 players.
- Points for level 1 or level 2 medals can be earned in any difficulty.
- Points for level 3 medal or higher may only be earned in Nightmare Mode (-NM). The only exceptions to this rule are the Combat Action Ribbon and Superior Service Medal.
- Obtaining a level 3 medal awards the player with an additional stat point.
- Obtaining a level 3 Medal of Honor grants the player with a 2% move speed bonus.
- Players will be notified if they received points for their medals at the end of a game.
All items (11)